An Extract Task takes any Text column as input and generates one text Results column.
Each Results column entry contains the matches (mentions) of a Pattern or a list of Patterns in the input text. Each Pattern can be a word or phrase, search query, or regular expression. See Using Patterns.
In the example above, the “Clothes-Extract” column is generated by an Extract Task that uses the “Response Text” column as input and extracts occurrences of words related to clothing from a ‘Clothes’ Term List.
To create an Extract Task, the prerequisite objects are:
· Template – the new Task will be added to this.
· Input Column – a text column in the Template
· (possibly) Term List – if you want to extract a list of patterns – not needed to extract a single Pattern.
Creating an Extract Task
Click Pipelines > Tasks then Create Task and select Type “Extract”:
· Name for the Extract Task and a Description, if needed.
· Template – Choose template.
· Input Column – Choose text column
· If you check Extract Term List then
o Term List – the Term List of keywords or patterns.
o Pattern: A keyword, phrase, search query or regular expression
Check Show Matching Options? if your Pattern is a search query or regular expression or you want to change the default matching options, which are:
· No wildcard characters
· Case insensitive
· Does not match partial words
See Matching Options Help for other matching options.
See Task Help for other Task parameters.
Next: Term Vector Tasks